Our Juvenile Justice Ministry seeks to engage young people as they are met in a variety of juvenile institutions (detention centers, correctional facilities, group homes, residential treatment centers, emergency shelters, and more). These valued relationships are sustained through ongoing involvement as they re-enter their communities through our after-care mentoring program.
Learn more at yfcnyc.org.
We are inviting 1,000 of our friends to invest $20 a month into the lives of our NYC young people. Your $20 a month will provide us with...
CHAPLAINCY: Regular visitation; sharing the Gospel in group settings
FACILITY PROGRAMMING: Positive group activities like arts, music, sports, and more
LIFE SKILLS COUNSELING: Trained staff listen, advise, and teach character building skills
AFTER-CARE MENTORING: One-on-one mentoring with a young person after they are released and re-enter their community
To be a friend of
• Within three months of operation in New York City, we were granted access by ACS into Horizon Juvenile Center and Crossroads Juvenile Center.
• We were granted access into four close-to-home facilities.
• Youth For Christ lecture series program began at Horizon and Crossroads.
• Youth For Christ mentors attended Family Night events in each of our facilities.
• Youth For Christ took part in programming Christmas tree lighting ceremonies at Crossroads and Horizon.
• Youth For Christ remained the only faith-based organization in New York City allowed into resident halls in the facilities we work in.
I believe that even if life's circumstances forced them into wicked ways of the world, there is still time to love them back towards the righteous way. Serving at Horizon Juvenile Center gives me the opportunity to show my young friends not only what God has done for me but also start them off on the way they should go. The blessing takes place when we stop listening to God's word and start obeying God's word."
— Youth For Christ NYC Mentor