* Your renewal will be based on the completion of the Renewal Scholarship Application, GPA, and the completion of your 3 LAWA volunteer hours by April 1st.*
LAWA Renewable Youth Scholarships continue to support previously awarded LAWA Youth Scholars complete their degrees.
LAWA Renewable Youth Scholarships are financial awards that support FULL-TIME students completing a certificate program, associate, or bachelor’s degree.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the 2023 Renewal Youth Scholarship Application below online. Some documents may be sent via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. *We suggest that you complete all of the pieces of the application prior to uploading as the application form must be completed in one session. CLICK HERE to view the questions before you complete the application.
1) Prior year LAWA Scholar who has maintained a 3.0 GPA or above.
2) Must have a final 3.0 GPA for the 2022-2023 academic year.
3) Permanent address in one of the following counties: Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, or Union.
4) Must be a FULL-TIME sophomore, junior or senior attending an accredited vocational school, college or university and who has been previously awarded a LAWA Scholarship.
5) Must have completed 3 volunteer hours for LAWA
Upload one (1) letter of recommendation from either a professor or administrator. Letter should express the reason why applicant should be considered for the scholarship, and emphasize academic performance, leadership skills, character and achievements.
It also must detail:
a) Relationship to the applicant
b) How long has the faculty/administrator known the applicant
c) Professor's or faculty/administrator's name, title, email address, phone number, signature, and date
*You may send letters of recommendation electronically to Scholarships@lawanc.org. Include you full name in the subject title.
Upload a personal essay (typed, Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, double spaced, not to exceed 2 pages) explaining:
a) Academic accomplishments during the academic year
b) Personal, community and academic interests fulfilled during the prior year
c) What the LAWA Scholarship means to the applicant
d) Any obstacles that were overcome during the year(s) in college (if applicable)
*Be available for a personal interview, if requested.
We use your personal information only for the grant selection process. No information is shared with other parties outside of the LAWA organization.